Daltons Organic Compost
Daltons Organic Compost is weed free and safe to use in all gardening situations. Use as a soil conditioner or mulch where BioGro certification is required or 100% organic products are preferred.
A blend of composted bark fines, chicken manure and gypsum. Daltons Organic Compost introduces organic matter and nutrition to the soil, stimulating micro-organism activity whilst providing moisture retention, drainage and goodness. The added Gypsum provides extra calcium and improves drainage. Great to use as a soil revitaliser and to assist with water holding in lighter soils and drainage in heavier soils.
- Daltons Organic Compost 40L
As a soil conditioner, it is recommended to place 10cm of Daltons Organic Compost on top of the garden and fork it in thoroughly to a depth of approximately 10-20cm.
1. When using for planting, dig a hole twice the size of the root ball.
2. Gently tease the root ball out and trim off any knotted roots.
3. Place the plant into the hole so the base of the stem is at ground level.
4. Mix the soil from the hole with equal parts of Daltons Organic Compost and fill the hole back in gently, shaking the plant to distribute the soil/compost mix evenly around the roots.
5. Gently firm the soil and water thoroughly.
NOTE: Daltons Organic Compost is also ideal as a mulch; spread to a depth of 5cm taking care to keep the base of the plant clear.
TIP: If planting vegetables directly into the soil we recommend using Daltons Organic Vegetable Mix. When planting use with Daltons Organic Nufert and Daltons Organic Bio-Fungicide Granules for added protection.
How much do I need?
Our volume calculator can help you to work out how may bags of the product you will need. You'll need to know:
- Length of your garden box or area
- Width of you garden box or area
- How deep you're going to lay the product
- Which product and bag sizes you want to use