Daltons Organic Compost
Daltons Organic Compost introduces organic matter and nutrition to the soil, stimulating micro-organism activity whilst providing moisture retention, drainage and goodness.
- Full supply of composted organic nutrients.
- Guaranteed weed-free.
- Includes Bioinoculant Granules Chemical-free friendly fungus for natural disease suppression and healthier plants.
- BIOINOCULANT GRANULES for plant health
- COMPOSTED CHICKEN MANURE for plant growth
- GYPSUM SOIL ENHANCER for plant strength
- BLOOD & BONE for root development and growth
- Daltons Organic Compost 30L
If planting vegetables directly into the soil we recommend using Daltons Organic Vegetable Mix. When planting use with Daltons Organic Bioinoculant Granules for added protection.
As a soil conditioner, it is recommended to place 10cm of Daltons Organic Compost on top of the garden and fork it in thoroughly to a depth of approximately 10-20cm.
Daltons Organic Compost is also ideal as a mulch; spread to a depth of 5cm taking care to keep the base of the plant clear.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball.
- Gently tease the root ball out and trim off any knotted roots.
- Place the plant into the hole so the base of the stem is at ground level.
- Mix the soil from the hole with equal parts of Daltons Organic Compost and fill the hole back in gently, shaking the plant to distribute the soil/compost mix evenly around the roots.
- Gently firm the soil and water thoroughly.
How much do I need?
Our volume calculator can help you to work out how may bags of the product you will need. You'll need to know:
- Length of your garden box or area
- Width of you garden box or area
- How deep you're going to lay the product
- Which product and bag sizes you want to use