Careers at Daltons
As a family owned business established in 1947, Daltons has grown from supplying shingle and sand, to the manufacture and supply of potting mixes and landscape products.
We are proud to be the preferred supplier for many retailers, commercial growers, and nurseries throughout New Zealand.
Based in Matamata with yards in Northland, Auckland, Bay of Plenty and Christchurch, there are many parts to our business and at the core of everything we do is a desire to provide quality products to all of our customers with a high level of service.
We provide a supportive working environment and have a committed team who aren’t afraid to get stuck in and get the job done.
If you are ready for new challenges and new opportunities with a well-established, highly respected company, then please apply below.
Join our team!
Daltons are currently looking for staff to fill the following roles:
Technical Field Representative, Auckland
Join our team as a Technical Field Representative covering the Greater Auckland region and Northland. At Daltons Limited, we are proud suppliers of premium bulk and bagged growing media and landscape products, serving leading landscapers, retailers, and nurseries throughout New Zealand. If you thrive on providing technical support, cultivating strong customer relationships, and exceeding sales targets, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Why Choose Us?
- We are an innovative company at the forefront of the industry.
- We provide competitive compensation, including attractive pay rates and benefits.
- Enjoy the perks of a company vehicle, free medical benefits, and an engaging work environment.
- Develop and nurture relationships with key customers in the Greater Auckland and Northland areas.
- Identify and capitalize on new sales opportunities to achieve and surpass sales targets.
- Collaborate closely with the sales and marketing teams to implement Daltons’ sales and marketing strategies.
- Actively participate in trade shows and industry events to showcase and promote Daltons products.
- Prepare comprehensive sales reports and accurate sales forecasts.
- Provide technical support and expert advice on product usage and application to customers and fellow Daltons team members.
- Offer support to the Greater Auckland and Northland sites when required.
Applicants need to be Auckland based. There will likely be one week of travel away from home per month.
What We’re Looking For:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated sales successes.
- Strong technical background in landscape supplies and the growing media industry.
- Exceptional organizational and time management abilities.
- Sound understanding of Health & Safety practices.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team while also excelling independently.
- Strong work ethic, honesty, and reliability.
- Physically fit and capable of lifting up to 20kg.
If you are ready to make your mark in the growing media industry, apply now and join our dynamic team as a Technical Field Representative covering the Greater Auckland region and Northland. Take the next step towards a rewarding career with Daltons Limited.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Landscape Supplies Yard Person - Saturday, Mt Maunganui
Mount Maunganui, Tauranga
Weekend Position – Great pay & working conditions.
Are you a hardworking individual, physically fit with excellent people skills? Do you thrive in a team environment while being capable of working independently? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Mt Maunganui Landscape Supplies Team covering the Saturday Roster.
- General yard work and maintenance to ensure our facility is in top shape.
- Loading customer vehicles with landscape supplies and growing media. Wheels & Forklift Endorsements. are an advantage but training can be provided.
- Responsible for closing and securely locking up the yard at the end of the day.
- Assisting with general office tasks and providing exceptional customer service at all times.
- Excellent people skills, friendly, knowledgeable and approachable.
- Ability to work seamlessly as part of a team and independently when needed.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to learn.
- A full drivers licence.
Working Hours: Saturdays from 8 am – 3 pm
Apply today!Apply online
Class 4 Sweeper Truck Operator, Port of Tauranga
Daltons is looking for a Class 4 Sweeper Operator to join our hard-working team at The Port of Tauranga. Our Port Team are responsible for providing high-quality sweeping services to The Port of Tauranga and supporting Daltons bark collection operations.
With competitive pay rates; free medical benefits; & excellent staff engagement this is a great opportunity for operators looking to join a hard-working and supportive team that takes pride in what they do.
Our Team operates 7 days per week on a roster and we have the following shifts available:
- 3-5 days per week with at least one weekend day included. Hours 5 am - 3 pm.
Applicants will need the following:
- Class 4 License
- Be physically fit
- Strong focus on on-site safety
- Loader experience is an advantage but not a requirement
Apply today!Apply online
Automated Machine Operators – Matamata
Daltons are looking for two new dedicated Machine Operators to join our Team.
As a Machine Operator on our automated packaging line, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of our potting mix and compost packaging machinery while at the same time ensuring product quality and integrity.
What you will do:
- Read production schedules and plan accordingly
- Ensure all packaging materials are available for the day’s production
- Monitor and adjust machines as required to maintain seal integrity and filling consistency.
- Planning for machine changeovers
- Understand and follow directions from supervisors as required
- Monitor bag weights and product quality and appearance
- Participate as a vital team member while working in a safe and responsible manner
What you will need:
- Ability to follow instructions and adapt to changing situations
- Strong communication skills and a team-oriented mindset
- Prior experience in machine operation or production environment a plus but training can be provided
- Forklift experience with endorsement an advantage, but again training can be provided.
Why join Daltons:
- Good pay rates
- Employee benefits including medical insurance
- Work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that supports their team members and prioritizes your well being and encourages a positive work life balance.
Generally, Monday – Friday 06.30 am – 05.00 pm with some longer hours during busy seasonal periods.
If you would like to be part of a hard working team that takes pride in what they do please apply today!
Merchandiser - Part-time, Auckland
Daltons Ltd are suppliers of bulk and bagged growing media and landscape products to many of NZ’s leading landscapers, retailers and nurseries.
This role is responsible for merchandising in the Botany, Mt Wellington and Grey Lynn Bunnings stores twice each week, on Monday and Thursday. The merchandiser is responsible for assisting Daltons to drive sales through Bunnings by ensuring their products are merchandised and maintained to their high standards.
The role is part-time and involves approximately 2 hours in each store on a Monday and Thursday - so 6 hours each Monday and 6 hours each Thursday.
The successful applicants will need to have excellent people skills to ensure they effectively build relationships with the Bunnings team members to ensure they have a common goal to meet customer expectations.
Key tasks include:
- Complete the vendor in-store call cycle schedule that includes two visits per week per store: Monday for ordering and Thursday for checking stock levels, general tidiness and placement of product.
- Provide product training to team members to ensure they are familiar with the features and benefits of the supplier’s products.
- Ensuring packaging and product presentation is in a sellable condition at all times.
- Maintain merchandise standards in accordance with Bunnings standards, including keeping the area clean & tidy and the shelves stocked.
- Provide excellent customer service to Bunnings including following up on all orders, customer inquiries etc.
The successful applicants will have:
- Effective customer relationship management skills.
- Effective organisation and time management skills.
- Intermediate computer/IT skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- The ability to work well as part of a team as well as working autonomously.
- A high level of personal grooming and presentation.
- A good work ethic, and be honest and reliable.
- Previous experience in merchandising would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the landscaping, and horticultural industry would be useful but not required.
- Full driver's licence.
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 20kg.
Hours: Each visit to each store will be approximately two hours long. However we need someone with enough flexibility to be able to work longer hours if required during peak times, and also additional visits for promotions, staff training etc.
You will be paid a set rate per visit to the stores, along with an hourly wage for extra visits that are required. Mileage is paid between the stores.
If you think you would like to work for a reputable New Zealand business and are flexible with your work hours then please apply.Apply online