Daltons Premium Cutting Mix
Daltons Premium Cutting Mix is a well-proven commercial mix used for the fast establishment of cuttings.
- Clean, screened 3mm pumice balances moisture retention, soil aeration and drainage properties.
- Fine grade coco fibre binds with pumice, retains moisture and increases root development and plant vigour.
- Free draining properties reduce incursion of soil-borne diseases.
- Daltons Cutting Mix 15L
- Fill your pot or tray with Daltons Premium Cutting Mix to within 2-3cm from the rim.
- Make a hole in the mix and insert the cutting to about one third its length. Firm in place by pinching the mix with your fingers.
- Water thoroughly until water drains through the base of the container. Allow to drain. Keep the pot in a warm place, out of direct sunlight. Create a mini-greenhouse to retain humidity by enclosing the cuttings in a plastic bag or similar.
- Keep consistently moist. Remove the bag and mist with water if required.
- After a few weeks, test the cuttings by very gently pulling on them. Any resistance means roots are forming.
- When cuttings have developed good roots, repot individually or plant out into the garden, depending on the time of year and type of plant being raised.
How much do I need?
Our volume calculator can help you to work out how may bags of the product you will need. You'll need to know:
- Length of your garden box or area
- Width of you garden box or area
- How deep you're going to lay the product
- Which product and bag sizes you want to use