Daltons Easy Lift Potting Mix
The struggle to lift heavy bags of growing media in and out of the car is now a thing of the past!
Daltons Easy Lift product range has been designed especially for those who need to carry a lighter load. Although much lighter than traditional mixes, these products are still heavy on performance.
Daltons Easy Lift Potting Mix is a blend of high quality ingredients and fertilisers designed specifically for growing indoor and outdoor plants in containers or hanging baskets.
Daltons Easy Lift Potting Mix can also be used as a garden soil amendment when planting garden beds or ornamental shrubs.
- Blended from natural and renewable ingredients.
- Contains Coco Fibre to increase moisture retention and promote healthy root development.
- Contains Permawet® wetting agent to ensure even moisture distribution throughout container.
- Contains controlled release fertilisers for 8 months complete nutrient supply.
- Daltons Easy Lift Potting Mix 25L
When potting up a new plant, make sure you have read the plant label carefully and follow any instructions as to specific plant requirements. As a guideline, the following instructions are best practice:
- Ensure the plant to be potted is thoroughly moist before potting or repotting.
- Trim any damaged or tangled roots, loosen up the root ball and clean off the top 1cm of the old mix to eliminate any weeds.
- Partially fill a clean, free draining container with Daltons Easy Lift Potting Mix.
- Place the plant in the container and adjust the potting mix under the plant until it is at the desired height.
- Fill the rest of the container to approximately 2cm from the top, gently tapping to ensure the mix distributes throughout the roots.
- Water the plant and allow to drain. Leave in a shaded spot for 2-3 days to establish.
How much do I need?
Our volume calculator can help you to work out how may bags of the product you will need. You'll need to know:
- Length of your garden box or area
- Width of you garden box or area
- How deep you're going to lay the product
- Which product and bag sizes you want to use
Overwatering is a common problem for indoor plants. Daltons Easy Lift Potting Mix has superior water holding abilities, so while it is important to water regularly, care must be taken not to overwater.
For potting or repotting some sensitive or specialised plants in containers best results will be achieved by using one of the following Daltons specialised mixes:
- Daltons African Violet Mix
- Daltons Acid Mix
- Daltons Cacti & Succulent Mix
- Daltons Orchid Mix
- Daltons Low Phosphorus Potting Mix
For additional feeding or topdressing use Daltons Premium Goldcote controlled release fertiliser. Refer to container for instructions.