Premium Houseplant Mix
Premium Houseplant Mix
Daltons Premium Houseplant Mix is a blend of high quality ingredients and fertilisers designed specifically for houseplants.
- Blended from 100% natural and renewable ingredients.
- With bark fibre and aeration granules for increased air space around roots, improving drainage and growth.
- Contains wetting agent for efficient re-wetting and water distribution throughout the container.
- Contains controlled release fertilisers that provide up to 10 months complete nutrient supply.
- Commercially proven - used by professional nurserymen throughout New Zealand.
How to use
When potting up a new plant, make sure you have read the plant label carefully and follow any instructions as to specific plant requirements. As a guideline, the following instructions are best practice:
- Ensure the plant to be potted is thoroughly moist before potting or repotting.
- Trim any damaged or tangled roots, loosen up the root ball and clean off the top 1cm of the old mix to eliminate any weeds.
- Partially fill a clean, free draining container with Daltons Premium Houseplant Mix.
- Place the plant in the container and adjust the potting mix under the plant until it is at the desired height.
- Fill the rest of the container to approximately 2cm from the top, gently tapping to ensure the mix distributes throughout the roots.
- Water the plant and allow to drain. Leave in a shaded spot for 2-3 days to establish.
Watering: Overwatering is a common problem for houseplants. Take care to not overwater.
Position: Place plant in a bright, sunny position, avoiding direct sunlight. Avoid placing plants under heat pumps.
For potting or repotting sensitive or specialised plants in containers, best results will be achieved by using one of the following Daltons mixes:
- Daltons Premium Acid Mix
- Daltons Premium Cacti & Succulent Mix
- Daltons Premium Orchid Mix
- Daltons Premium Bulb Mix
Repotting and Feeding Container Plants
The ideal nutrient supply for indoor growing comes from controlled release coated fertilisers which release nutrients in response to mix temperatures and moisture content. Daltons Premium Houseplant Mix contains these fertilisers to feed your plants for up to 10 months.
Tips and know how
For extra feeding after that period use Daltons Premium Houseplant Tabs and refer to box for instructions.
How To Grow Houseplants
Seed Growing Activities
How to Garden With Children
What to do in the Winter Garden
October - Spring Gardening Tasks
Looking after a Cyclamen after Re-potting
I have a Cyclamen which I put outside under a bush when it died off. To my delight, it has two fresh healthy leaves, so I have re-potted it and put it on the table in the conservatory. What care should I give it - will it be happy in the warm conservatory or in a cooler area and do I water it from the top of the pot or the saucer. Thank you, your advice would be appreciated as it’s the first Cyclamen I have grown.