Corn with Chilli Herb Butter
Summer on a plate! Charred corn smothered in chilli herb butter makes the perfect side to a Kiwi BBQ meal. Try this delicious recipe today!
Serves 6 as a side
- 250g soft butter, diced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano + extra for garnish
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 6 fresh corn cobs
- Preheat the oven to 250°C
- To make the chilli herb butter cream together butter, chilli, garlic, oregano, and parsley using an electric beater. Set aside
- Put the corn cobs (still in the husks) in a roasting tray and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly, then remove the husk and all the corn silk.
- Using a hot BBQ, char the corn to give it a bit of colour and flavour. Cut each corn cob in half, spoon over the chilli herb butter and give it a little toss. Season with salt and pepper, grate over some parmesan and garnish with fresh oregano. Enjoy!