Catherine’s Rocket, Lemon, Chilli and Parmesan Pasta
Easy to make and easy to eat! Try this delicious pasta dish from Catherine on our team.
Serve with crusty bread to dip in the oil and if a pop of protein is needed you can add a tin of tuna, or anchovies, or even cook green prawns or bacon when you fry the oil mix.
- A packet of good-quality Italian spaghetti or linguine
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 1 red chilli (more or less depending on taste buds!)
- A good lug of olive oil (half a cup at least)
- 1-2 lemons squeezed
- At least a cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Boil a large pot of water with plenty of salt (almost as salty as the sea!)
- Chop garlic and red chilli (as little or as much chilli as you like).
- Pour the olive oil into a small fry pan and leave the garlic and chilli in there before lightly frying to work up the flavour
- Wash and roughly chop the Rocket
- Cut lemons into wedges
- Grate parmesan cheese
- When the water is boiling put the spaghetti in
- 3-5 mins before the pasta is ready lightly sauté/fry the oil, garlic, and chilli (be careful not to burn it)
- Remove and drain the pasta when it is still al dente
- Toss Pasta, Oil mix, Rocket, and Parmesan together in a large bowl and squeeze plenty of lemon juice through it
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with crusty bread to dip in the oil and if protein is needed you can add a tin of tuna, anchovies or even cook green prawns or bacon when you fry the oil mix. Perfect served warm as it is.