Persimmon Jam Recipe
Judith Dalton from The Daltons Plantation shared this delicious jam recipe. This would make a wonderful gift or you may just want to keep it for yourself once you taste it!
- 7 ripe persimmons
- 2 cups sugar
- 200ml lemon juice
- Cut persimmons into small chunks, removing all seeds and stems (you can peel them if you want to).
- Put persimmons and sugar into a pot and cook slowly for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add lemon juice and cook for about 40 minutes, stirring often. Once the jam starts to look foamy it should be ready. (To test, drop a spoonful on a plate and pop it in the fridge for a couple of minutes. If it doesn't run then it is ready.)
- Let jam cool for 10 minutes before putting into clean, sterile jars. (Or you can do the water bath method if you prefer.)
- Store in a cool place. (If warm temperatures are still around, store in the fridge.) This jam can also be frozen.