Baked Citrus Cheesecake
Indulge yourself with this creamy, smooth, rich and absolutely delicious cheesecake.
For the base:
- 200g (7 oz) Vanilla Wine or Round Wine biscuits (or other plain biscuits)
- 150g (5 oz) butter
For the filling:
- 5 eggs
- 200g (7 oz) sugar
- 250g (8 oz) cream cheese
- Juice of half a lemon
For the topping:
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 100g (3.5 oz) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
Preheat oven to 180deg C or 350deg F
To make the base:
1. Grease a 23cm (9 inch) spring-form pan. Crush the Vanilla Wine biscuits in a food processor until you get a consistency of fine crumbs.
2. Melt the butter and add to the fine crumbs in the food processor. Combine until well mixed.
3. Spread mixture evenly on the base of the spring-form pan and press down firmly.
To make the filling:
1. Place eggs and sugar into a bowl and, using an electric beater, mix until light and fluffy.
2. Mix in cream cheese followed by the lemon juice. Mix for 2 minutes until well combined.
3. Pour mixture on top of biscuit base and place in oven. Bake for 30 minutes, or until mixture has started to go firm.
To make the topping:
1. Mix together the sugar, sour cream and lemon rind and spread this over the filling.
2. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until topping starts to turn a golden brown.
Let stand for a few minutes and then serve with a dusting of icing sugar and fresh berries.
Recipe kindly provided by Sweet Living Magazine