Daltons Premium Cacti and Succulent Mix
Daltons Premium Cacti and Succulent Mix is specially formulated to provide an open, free draining mix specific to the needs of cacti and succulents.
Successfully used by cacti and succulent enthusiasts all over New Zealand.
- Made from sustainable and renewable resources.
- Contains 9 month controlled release fertiliser.
- Contains pumice for improved aeration and drainage.
- Contains wetting agent for efficient re-wetting and water distribution.
- Perfect for all aloe varieties and bonsai.
- Daltons Premium Cacti and Succulent Mix 15L
- Daltons Premium Cacti and Succulent Mix 5L
Daltons Premium Cacti and Succulent Mix can be used for garden planting or containers. Large shallow pots are excellent containers for cacti or succulent gardens.
When planting or potting up a new plant, make sure you have read the plant label carefully and follow any instructions as to specific plant requirements. As a guideline, the following instructions are best practice:
- Ensure the plant is thoroughly moist before planting.
- Trim any damaged or tangled roots, loosen the root ball and clean off the top 1cm of the old mix to eliminate any weeds.
- Partially fill a clean, free draining container with Daltons Premium Cacti and Succulent Mix.
- Place the plant in the container and adjust the mix under the plant until it is at the desired height.
- Fill the rest of the container to approximately 2cm from the top, gently tapping to ensure the mix distributes throughout the roots.
- Water lightly.
Cacti and succulents require lots of light. Place the container in a well lit area. A layer of Daltons Fine Decorative Pebble over the mix gives an attractive, dry surface for cacti in a pot.
Cacti and succulents need to be well watered in spring and summer. During the winter months, when cacti and succulents are dormant, watering should be decreased.
Fertilise with Daltons Premium Goldcote Landscapes and Gardens annually in early spring.
How much do I need?
Our volume calculator can help you to work out how may bags of the product you will need. You'll need to know:
- Length of your garden box or area
- Width of you garden box or area
- How deep you're going to lay the product
- Which product and bag sizes you want to use
"These exotic and beautiful plants are generally easy to grow house plants that add texture and colour to your home decor. With extensive varieties to choose from, you can be assured your selection will thrive in Daltons Premium Cacti and Succulent Mix."