Big Value General Garden Fertiliser
A balanced blend of fertilisers suitable for the entire garden.
- Promotes strong healthy plant growth.
- Promotes healthy fruit and vegetables.
- Promotes bright healthy looking flowers.
Big Value General Garden Fertiliser is a blend of fertilisers plus essential trace elements, which combine to aid healthy root growth, fruiting, flowering and growth of leaves. Regular application (every four weeks) during periods of strong growth will give best results.
Big Value General Garden Fertiliser is suitable for a wide range of vegetables, flowers, seedlings, shrubs, fruit trees, ornamentals, perennials, roses and bulbs. It can be added prior to planting or applied to the surface for established plants and trees.
- If the soil is low in organic matter, an application of Big Value Compost is recommended to enhance the soil structure. (If Big Value General Garden Fertiliser is used in combination with Big Value Compost, halve the application rates.)
- Big Value General Garden Fertiliser is not recommended for pot plants. For best results use Big Value Slow Release Granular Plant Food.
- Big Value General Garden Fertiliser 8kg
Note: Water soil thoroughly before and after application.
Use as a Base Dressing
Apply to ground to be planted at a rate of 100 grams (approximately two handfuls) per square metre. Mix thoroughly with the soil ensuring fertiliser is well distributed.
Vegetables and flowers
Apply to ground to be planted at a rate of 200 grams (approximately four handfuls) per square metre. Mix thoroughly with the soil ensuring fertiliser is well distributed.
Use as a Side Dressing
Established trees and shrubs
Distribute evenly around the drip line at a rate of 250 grams (approximately five handfuls) per square metre. Ensure the fertiliser is not “heaped” and is at least 20 centimetres from the base of the tree or shrub.
Existing vegetables or flower gardens
Apply to ground at a rate of 200 grams (approximately four handfuls) per square metre. Mix lightly with surface soil where possible, ensuring fertiliser is well distributed and not “heaped”. Water into the soil and wash any excess fertiliser off foliage.
How much do I need?
Our volume calculator can help you to work out how may bags of the product you will need. You'll need to know:
- Length of your garden box or area
- Width of you garden box or area
- How deep you're going to lay the product
- Which product and bag sizes you want to use