Daltons Landscaper Planter Tabs
Daltons Landscaper Planter Tabs are created by binding controlled release fertiliser granules together with a biodegradable resin into easy to use 5 gram tablets. These tablets deliver a very accurate dose of nutrients over 12-14 months.
- Placement beneath soil surface, near the root zone, reduces weed growth as weeds receive no nutrition.
- Ideal for re-vegetation, landscape plant out and fertilising heavy soils.
- Safe for use in planting of New Zealand natives.
- Conical shape allows tablet to be easily inserted into garden soil or any container.
- Daltons Landscaper Planter Tabs 500g
Position plant in the hole. Backfill halfway up the root ball with Daltons Compost or Garden Mix. Place tablet(s) beside the root ball, about 5cm from root tips. Complete backfill, tamp and water.
Containers and Tubs
Make one hole for each tablet 5-10cm from side of container, and 10-20cm deep. Insert tablet(s), close holes.
Established Trees and Shrubs
Make holes 20-25cm deep. Insert tablets in holes around dripline and between dripline and trunk.
For each 30cm of plant height or spread, or for each 1.25cm of tree trunk diameter use:
Slow-growing plants: 3 tablets
Fast-growing plants: 4-6 tablets
Poor soil situations: 4-6 tablets
Pots and Containers
150mm (6") pot: 2 tablets
200mm (8") pot: 4 tablets
300mm (12") pot: 8 tablets
500mm (20") pot:14 tablets
For larger pots or hard to measure containers see rates for established plants.
For new plantings, improve soil structure by blending Daltons Compost or Garden Mix with existing soil prior to planting. Trees and shrubs will benefit from an application of a Daltons mulch product after fertilising.