Daltons Compost adds organic matter and nutrients to your soil, stimulating micro-organism activity and improving moisture retention.
Daltons Compost is designed to be dug in with existing soil to boost plant growth and improve soil structure.
Where you will be planting straight into the mix we recommend Daltons Garden Mix or one of Daltons specialty mixes such as Daltons Vegetable Mix, Daltons Tomato Mix, Daltons Strawberry Mix or Daltons Rose & Flower Mix.
- Contains added Gypsum to improve soil structure
- Boosted with composted chicken manure
- Weed free
- Daltons Compost 40L
As a soil conditioner, it is recommended to place 10-20 cm of Daltons Compost on top of the garden and fork it in, mixing thoroughly with existing garden soil.
- When using for planting, dig a hole twice the size of the root ball.
- Gently tease the root ball out and trim off any knotted roots.
- Place the plant into the hole so the base of the stem is at ground level.
- Mix soil from the hole with equal parts of Daltons Compost and fill the hole back in, gently shaking the plant to distribute the soil/compost mix evenly around the roots.
- Gently firm the soil and water thoroughly.
- Mulch using Daltons Mulch and Grow.
How much do I need?
Our volume calculator can help you to work out how may bags of the product you will need. You'll need to know:
- Length of your garden box or area
- Width of you garden box or area
- How deep you're going to lay the product
- Which product and bag sizes you want to use