Catherine's Feijoa Camp Cake
Karlie from our Daltons team shares a friends secret family recipe (shhh don’t tell anyone!) called ‘Catherine’s Camp Cake’. It is a tasty way to use up feijoas as they ripen.
- 2 x cups of peeled and chopped feijoas
- 1 x egg
- 1 x cup sugar
- 1/3 plain oil eg: canola etc
- 1 x cup standard flour
- 1 x teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 x teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon clove (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180° (350F)
- Grease 8” or 9” (20 – 23 cm) round pan/cake tin
- Mix together the chopped feijoa, egg, sugar, and oil.
- Then add the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake in the oven 40-45 minutes
- Remove and leave to cool and then serve.