Daltons Sunflowers Project Competition Terms and Conditions
- The Daltons Sunflower Project will run from MONDAY 21 AUGUST until MONDAY 11 DECEMBER 2023.
- Only eligible kindergartens may enter. The Daltons Sunflower Project is only open to Kindergartens who are under the following eleven regional Kindergarten Associations: Auckland Kindergarten Association, Central Kids Kindergartens Association (Central North Island), Dunedin Kindergartens Incorporated, Kidsfirst Kindergartens Christchurch, Kindergarten Taranaki, Inspired Kindergartens (Tauranga), Marlborough Kindergarten Association, Nelson Tasman Kindergartens Association, Northland Kindergartens Association, Waikato Kindergarten Association, and Whānau Manaaki Kindergartens (Wellington).
- To enter, eligible kindergartens must register their organisation via the Daltons website before FRIDAY 30 JUNE 2023.
- Starter packs will be shipped to kindergartens from MONDAY 07 AUGUST to FRIDAY 18 AUGUST 2023. Please alert us before WEDNESDAY 16 AUGUST if you have not received your starter pack.
- Kindergartens will only be competing with other kindergartens in their own Regional Associations. This is because each region has its own unique growing conditions.
- Participating kindergartens must regularly send photos or learning experiences to Daltons throughout the project (at least once a month), via email or uploaded to the Daltons website. This material may be used on the Daltons website or posted to the Daltons Facebook page.
- All participating kindergartens must gain parental approval for any images of their children sent to Daltons which may be used for media coverage, Facebook posts or use on the Daltons website. There are parental permission slips in your starter pack, and they are also available on the Daltons website for you to print off.
- Entrants must use the materials provided in their starter pack. This includes Kings Seeds Sky Scraper sunflower seeds, Daltons Premium Seed Mix and Daltons Premium Potting Mix.
- Seeds can be sown indoors anytime from the week beginning MONDAY 21 AUGUST (or later if desired), once the kindergarten is registered and the starter pack is received. Use the recommended growing guide and tips sheet provided in your starter pack and online.
- Seedlings can be planted outdoors from mid/late September (depending on your location) when they are around 15 cm tall.
- Plants must be grown on the kindergarten’s property, apart from children competing for the Homegrown Award.
- Kindergartens can either plant sunflowers per child or as teams and enter as many of those plants as they wish to at the end of the promotion. Participation certificates are available online to distribute to your winning child/team.
REGIONAL PRIZES – each kindergarten (as named above) will have the following prize categories:
• THE TALLEST SUNFLOWER – $100 Daltons Gardening Product Prize Pack, $100 Warehouse voucher, and a GARDENA Classic Water Sprayer.
• THE WIDEST SUNFLOWER HEAD – $100 Daltons Gardening Product Prize Pack, $100 Warehouse voucher, a GARDENA Classic Water Sprayer.
• DALTONS BEST LITTLE GARDENER for each kindy – It could be the child who showed an incredible passion for gardening or paid special attention to their sunflower, it’s up to you. Prize and certificate are included in the starter pack.
• PARTICIPATION CERTIFICATES – These are available in the Sunflowers Learning Centre for you to download at the end of the project so every child receives their own special certificate.
• PRIZE DRAW – All participating kindergartens will go into the draw to win a prize pack containing; $50 Daltons Gardening Product Prize Pack, a $100 Warehouse voucher, and a GARDENA Classic Water Sprayer.
• NATIONAL HOMEGROWN SUNFLOWER AWARD – All participating kindergarten children have the opportunity to also grow a sunflower at home with their family and could win a $50
Daltons Gardening Product Prize Pack, a $100 Warehouse voucher, and a GARDENA Classic Water Sprayer.
• BEST PHOTO – Send us your photos throughout the project and you could win a framed copy of the winning photo, a $50 Daltons Gardening Product Prize Pack, a $100 warehouse voucher, a GARDENA Classic Water Sprayer.
FINAL MEASUREMENTS SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
All entrants must submit final measurements verification photos and final measurements using the Daltons measuring tape provided in the starter pack by 6 pm MONDAY 11 DECEMBER 2023 as per below. (Note: Growth tracking sheets may be requested for verification).
- The Tallest Sunflower (per region) – Measurements are to be taken from the bottom of the plant (ground) to the base of the sunflower head or green bud using the Dalton measuring tape. Entrants must provide a photo showing the plant in its entirety: from the ground to the top of the plant/flower and a close-up photo of the measurement taken alongside the plant head.
- The Sunflower with the widest head (per region) – Entrants must provide a photo along with measurements across the head width (not including petals).
- All measurements must be taken using the Daltons measuring tape provided. The Daltons measuring tape provides approximate measurements to the nearest cm and is not an official calibrated measuring device.
- Judges will collate results on TUESDAY 12 DECEMBER 2023 and notify and announce winners on (or before) WEDNESDAY 13 DECEMBER 2023. Judges' decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes will be delivered on a date agreed upon by all parties in FEBRUARY 2024 (if not before). Once the delivery date is agreed this date cannot be changed.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Information being provided is confidential to Daltons Ltd Kindergarten Sunflower Project and not to Facebook. Facebook is in no way liable for anything in relation to this promotion.