Organic Fruit & Vegetable Mix
Daltons Organic Fruit and Vegetable Mix is manufactured using the inest quality BioGro certified products, including natural and composted materials. NuFert and pumice are added to create a desirable physical structure with excellent air porosity, water holding capacity and water distribution..
- Use in fruit, vegetable and herb gardens.
- For in-ground and container growing.
- Full supply of composted organic nutrients.
- Includes NuFert - A BioGro certified slow release fertiliser produced by infusing nutrients into Zeolite granules. Plant roots then extract these nutrients, resulting in a more efficient uptake and stronger long term growth.
- Includes Bioinoculant Granules - Chemical-free friendly fungus for natural disease suppression and healthier plants.
- ZEOLITE NUTRIENT SPONGE for continuous feeding
- BIOINOCULANT GRANULES for plant health
- ORGANIC NUTRIENTS for fruiting and flowering
- Organic Fruit & Vegetable Mix 30L
New Vegetable and Herb Gardens
- Loosen soil below the garden bed to a spade depth and mix in Daltons Organic Fruit and Vegetable Mix.
- If the soil beneath the planting area is unsuitable, remove sods and place a layer of newspaper.
- Add mix to a depth of 30-40cm. If crops can grow down into the soil under the bed, 20-30cm should be sufficient.
- Compact lightly by hand and water to see what level the mix settles at. If necessary top up before planting.
- Water well.
Fruit Tree Planting
- Dig a hole to twice the size of the root ball and half fill with Daltons Organic Fruit and Vegetable Mix.
- Trim off any knotted roots and gently loosen the root ball.
- Place plant in hole so it is at the correct level and fill with Daltons Organic Fruit and Vegetable Mix, gently firming around the plant.
- Water well.
Containers or Planter Boxes
- Ensure the plant is thoroughly moist prior to planting.
- Partially fill the container with Daltons Organic Fruit and Vegetable Mix.
- Trim any knotted roots and gently loosen the root ball.
- Place plant into the container or planter box, ensuring the top of the root ball and level of mix will be 2cm below the container edge.
- Fill the rest of the container with Daltons Organic Fruit and Vegetable Mix, ensuring mix surrounds roots, and fi rm down.
- Water thoroughly.
- Check plant label for instructions. General practice: place containers in a warm, sheltered spot with lots of sunlight. Protect from frost.
How much do I need?
Our volume calculator can help you to work out how may bags of the product you will need. You'll need to know:
- Length of your garden box or area
- Width of you garden box or area
- How deep you're going to lay the product
- Which product and bag sizes you want to use
Remember, fruit and vegetables are not house plants and perform better in large, deep containers with lots of space to grow. For ongoing plant maintenance use with Daltons Organic Bioinoculant Soluble Powder.