Organic Fruit & Vegetable Mix
AVAILABLE MID-OCTOBER 2020
Daltons Organic Fruit and Vegetable Mix is manufactured using the inest quality BioGro certified products, including natural and composted materials. NuFert and pumice are added to create a desirable physical structure with excellent air porosity, water holding capacity and water distribution..
- Use in fruit, vegetable and herb gardens.
- For in-ground and container growing.
- Full supply of composted organic nutrients.
- Includes NuFert - A BioGro certified slow release fertiliser produced by infusing nutrients into Zeolite granules. Plant roots then extract these nutrients, resulting in a more efficient uptake and stronger long term growth.
- Includes Bioinoculant Granules - Chemical-free friendly fungus for natural disease suppression and healthier plants.
- ZEOLITE NUTRIENT SPONGE for continuous feeding
- BIOINOCULANT GRANULES for plant health
- ORGANIC NUTRIENTS for fruiting and flowering
- Organic Fruit & Vegetable Mix 30L
New Vegetable and Herb Gardens
- Loosen soil below the garden bed to a spade depth and mix in Daltons Organic Fruit and Vegetable Mix.
- If the soil beneath the planting area is unsuitable, remove sods and place a layer of newspaper.
- Add mix to a depth of 30-40cm. If crops can grow down into the soil under the bed, 20-30cm should be sufficient.
- Compact lightly by hand and water to see what level the mix settles at. If necessary top up before planting.
- Water well.
Fruit Tree Planting
- Dig a hole to twice the size of the root ball and half fill with Daltons Organic Fruit and Vegetable Mix.
- Trim off any knotted roots and gently loosen the root ball.
- Place plant in hole so it is at the correct level and fill with Daltons Organic Fruit and Vegetable Mix, gently firming around the plant.
- Water well.
Containers or Planter Boxes
- Ensure the plant is thoroughly moist prior to planting.
- Partially fill the container with Daltons Organic Fruit and Vegetable Mix.
- Trim any knotted roots and gently loosen the root ball.
- Place plant into the container or planter box, ensuring the top of the root ball and level of mix will be 2cm below the container edge.
- Fill the rest of the container with Daltons Organic Fruit and Vegetable Mix, ensuring mix surrounds roots, and fi rm down.
- Water thoroughly.
- Check plant label for instructions. General practice: place containers in a warm, sheltered spot with lots of sunlight. Protect from frost.
How much do I need?
Our volume calculator can help you to work out how may bags of the product you will need. You'll need to know:
- Length of your garden box or area
- Width of you garden box or area
- How deep you're going to lay the product
- Which product and bag sizes you want to use