Daltons Vegetable Mix
Daltons Vegetable Mix guarantees bigger, better and healthier crops, every time.
Daltons Vegetable Mix is a blend of quality natural ingredients designed specifically for growing vegetables in traditional gardens, raised beds or containers. With added controlled release fertilisers and enhanced Calcium (Ca) and Potassium (K) levels, strong healthy vegetable production is assured.
- Contains full nutrients for vegetable crops. No additives are required.
- Guaranteed weed-free.
- Perfect for containers and raised beds.
- Contains a wetting agent to increase water retention and reduce the need for irrigation.
- Overcomes issues of soil quality.
- Eliminates issues associated with soil borne diseases.
- Daltons Vegetable Mix 40L
Raised beds will produce higher yields with less weeding required. Generally they allow for earlier planting and also provide a more easily accessible garden. If crops can grow down into the soil under the bed, 15-20cm should be sufficient.
Loosen the soil below the bed to a spade depth and mix in Daltons Vegetable Mix. If the soil beneath the raised bed is unsuitable, remove sods and place a layer of newspaper. Add mix to a depth of 30cm. Compact lightly by hand and water to see what level the mix settles at. If necessary top up before planting.
Containers or Planter Boxes
Containers or planter boxes allow for ease of access and enable you to locate your garden wherever space permits. Remember, vegetables are not house plants and require larger, deeper containers.
Fill container with Daltons Vegetable Mix. Compact lightly by hand and water to see what level the mix settles at. If necessary top up before planting, keeping mix level 2-3cm below edge of pot. Place containers in a warm sheltered spot with lots of sunlight. Protect from frost.
Traditional Garden beds
Dig a suitable sized hole for the seedling you are planting (generally twice as big as the expected size of the plant). Fill the hole with Daltons Vegetable Mix.
Daltons Vegetable Mix can also be used for most flower crops, or as a general garden mix.
How much do I need?
Our volume calculator can help you to work out how may bags of the product you will need. You'll need to know:
- Length of your garden box or area
- Width of you garden box or area
- How deep you're going to lay the product
- Which product and bag sizes you want to use