Daltons Strawberry Mix
Daltons Strawberry Mix is designed specifically for growing strawberries in containers, raised beds and hanging baskets.
Daltons Strawberry Mix is blended from weed-free, natural ingredients and is used by commercial strawberry growers throughout New Zealand. With added 5/6 month controlled release fertilisers and enhanced Calcium (Ca) and Potassium (K) levels, Daltons Strawberry Mix assures strong healthy strawberry production.
- Grows bigger better and healthier strawberries.
- Extra Magnesium (Mg) for dark green healthy leaves.
- Added Calcium (Ca) and Potassium (K) for bigger, more plentiful fruit production.
- Contains Coco Fibre for improved water holding in containers.
- Manufactured from renewable products.
- Daltons Strawberry Mix 30L
Containers, Hanging Baskets or Planter Boxes
Containers or planter boxes allow for ease of access and enable you to locate your strawberries wherever space permits. Remember, strawberries are not house plants and require larger containers.
Fill container with Daltons Strawberry Mix. Compact lightly by hand and water to see what level the mix settles at. If necessary top up before planting, keeping mix level 2-3cm below edge of pot.
Place containers in a warm sheltered spot with lots of sunlight. Protect from frost.
For New Raised Beds
Add Daltons Strawberry Mix to a depth of 30cm. Compact lightly by hand and water to see what level the mix settles at. If necessary top up before planting.
Existing Raised Beds or as a Planter Mix
Daltons Strawberry Mix can be used in traditional garden beds. However, as strawberries are susceptible to pests and disease and have specific nutrient requirements, containers and raised beds generally provide superior results.
Dig a hole to around four times the size of the root ball and half fill with Daltons Strawberry Mix. Place the strawberry in the hole and top up with Daltons Strawberry Mix. Water thoroughly.
Daltons Strawberry Mix can also be used for most other vegetable or flower crops, or as a general garden mix.
How much do I need?
Our volume calculator can help you to work out how may bags of the product you will need. You'll need to know:
- Length of your garden box or area
- Width of you garden box or area
- How deep you're going to lay the product
- Which product and bag sizes you want to use