Daltons Rose & Flower Mix
or try our Search for more great Daltons's solutions.
Daltons Rose & Flower Mix has been specially developed by horticultural experts as a superior alternative to other planting soils for the outdoor growing of roses. The specific blend of organic composted material is designed to improve soil structure and encourage strong root systems.
Daltons Rose & Flower Mix is manufactured from organic compost, bark fines and coco fibre with added fertilisers to create an excellent in-ground growing environment. Plus, it contains nutrients to feed for up to 4 months.
- As a soil conditioner or planter mix in garden beds, raised gardens or large planter boxes.
- As a soil conditioner or planter mix, Daltons Rose & Flower Mix greatly assists in aerating heavy soils and improves drainage. In light or sandy soil, it improves water holding capacity and provides the aeration necessary for healthy root growth.
- Daltons Rose & Flower Mix can be used as a general garden mix and is ideal for all flowers and most vegetable crops.
- Daltons Rose & Flower Mix 30L
For best results, place 15-20cm of Daltons Rose & Flower Mix on your garden and dig to a depth of approximately 30cm. This should be done annually before planting if possible.
Dig a hole to twice the size of the root ball and half fill with Daltons Rose & Flower Mix. Gently place plant in hole so it is at correct level and fill up with Daltons Rose & Flower Mix, gently firming around the plant.
In Planter Boxes
Daltons Rose & Flower Mix can be used in large planter boxes or big containers. The mix needs to be at a minimum depth of around 30cm. However, for small containers or pots use Daltons Potting Mix or Daltons Tub Mix.
Spread Daltons Rose & Flower Mix to a depth of 5cm on existing rose beds to help prevent weeds germinating from the soil below, to retain moisture and to help keep an even soil temperature.
For additional feeding or fertiliser top-up use Daltons Controlled Release Fertiliser.
How much do I need?
Our volume calculator can help you to work out how may bags of the product you will need. You'll need to know:
- Length of your garden box or area
- Width of you garden box or area
- How deep you're going to lay the product
- Which product and bag sizes you want to use
In all gardens or containers, for best results, always add a generous layer of Daltons Mulch & Grow to maintain moisture, soil temperature, encourage earth worms and prevent weeds.