Daltons Premium Tub Mix
Daltons Premium Tub Mix is a blend of high quality ingredients and fertilisers designed specifically for the repotting of outdoor plants, including bulbs, shrubs and ornamentals.
Daltons Premium Tub Mix is designed for use in all outdoor containers, including hanging baskets and window boxes.
- Blended from 100% organic and renewable ingredients
- Meets the high nutrient demands of outdoor growing for up to 10 months
- Contains coco fibre and bark fibre which significantly increases moisture retention
- Contains Daltons Permawet® wetting agent to increase wettability of the mix, ensuring even moisture distribution and penetration of water to the root zone
- Guaranteed weed free.
- Daltons Premium Tub Mix 40L
- Daltons Premium Tub Mix 15L
Use a big container. Bigger is better. A larger pot or container holds moisture longer and also provides more space for the plants’ roots. The healthier the root system, the healthier your plants will be. The container must have drainage holes in the bottom to allow excess water to escape.
- Ensure the plant to be potted is thoroughly moist before potting.
- Trim any damaged or tangled roots, loosen up the root ball and clean off the top 1cm of the old mix to eliminate any weeds.
- Partially fill a clean, free draining container with Daltons Premium Tub Mix.
- Place the plant in the container and adjust the mix under the plant until it is at the desired height.
- Fill the rest of the container to approximately 2cm from the top, gently tapping to ensure the mix distributes throughout the roots.
- Water thoroughly at regular intervals, taking care not to let your container dry out completely.
- Due to the superior water holding properties of Daltons Premium Tub Mix, care must be taken to not over water.
- Make sure you have read the plant label and position your plant according to whether it requires shade or full sun.
Feeding Container Plants
The ideal nutrient supply for container growing comes from controlled release coated fertilisers which release nutrients in response to mix temperatures and moisture content. Daltons Premium Tub Mix contains these fertilisers to feed your plants for up to 10 months. For extra feeding after that period use a quality controlled release fertiliser such as Daltons Premium Goldcote and refer to container for instructions.
- Soak plant thoroughly.
- Dig Daltons Premium Tub Mix into the planting site using two times the pot volume as a minimum.
- Position the plant, gently backfill the hole and firm in the soil, to the same depth as the surrounding ground.
- Stake the plant if required.
- Add mulch and water thoroughly.
If sufficient Daltons Premium Tub Mix has been used at time of planting there will be enough nutrients supplied to establish your plant and grow through the first season.
How much do I need?
Our volume calculator can help you to work out how may bags of the product you will need. You'll need to know:
- Length of your garden box or area
- Width of you garden box or area
- How deep you're going to lay the product
- Which product and bag sizes you want to use
"Daltons Premium Tub Mix is the perfect growing media for growing a wide variety of plants in outdoor containers, including hanging baskets. With its quality blend of ingredients and full complement of fertilisers, your plants will have the very best growing conditions. And as it’s manufactured by Daltons, quality and performance are assured."
Xanthe White is a well-known New Zealand landscape designer and TV personality. Read more from Xanthe here.