Daltons Easy Lift Container Mix
Daltons Easy Lift Container Mix is a blend of high quality ingredients and fertilisers designed specifically for the repotting of outdoor plants, including bulbs, shrubs and ornamentals. Daltons Easy Lift Container Mix is designed for use in all outdoor containers, including hanging baskets and window boxes.
- Blended from 100% organic and renewable ingredients.
- Meets the high nutrient demands of outdoor growing for up to 8 months.
- Contains coco fibre and bark fibre which significantly increase moisture retention.
- Contains wetting agent to increase wettability of the mix, ensuring even moisture distribution and penetration of water to the root zone.
- Guaranteed weed free.
- Contains controlled release fertilisers for 8 months complete nutrient supply.
- Daltons Easy Lift Container Mix 25L
Use a large container - bigger is better. A larger pot or container holds moisture longer and also provides more space for a plant’s roots. The healthier the root system, the healthier your plants will be. The container must have drainage holes in the bottom to allow excess water to escape.
- Ensure the plant to be potted is thoroughly moist before potting.
- Trim any damaged or tangled roots, loosen up the root ball and clean off the top 1cm of the old mix to eliminate any weeds.
- Partially fill a clean, free draining container with Daltons Easy Lift Container Mix.
- Place the plant in the container and adjust the mix under the plant until it is at the desired height.
- Fill the rest of the container to approximately 2cm from the top, gently tapping to ensure the mix distributes throughout the roots.
- Water thoroughly at regular intervals, taking care not to let your container dry out completely.
- Due to the superior water holding properties of Daltons Easy Lift Container Mix, care must be taken to not over water.
- Make sure you have read the plant label and position your plant according to whether it requires shade or full sun.
Feeding Container Plants
The ideal nutrient supply for container growing comes from controlled release coated fertilisers which release nutrients in response to mix temperatures and moisture content. Daltons Easy Lift Container Mix contains these fertilisers to feed your plants for up to 8 months. For extra feeding after that period use Daltons Premium Goldcote fertiliers and refer to packaging for instructions.
Follow planting and feeding instructions above.
How much do I need?
Our volume calculator can help you to work out how may bags of the product you will need. You'll need to know:
- Length of your garden box or area
- Width of you garden box or area
- How deep you're going to lay the product
- Which product and bag sizes you want to use
For improved water retention and plant growth in hanging baskets, use a Besgrow Sphagnum Moss Hanging Basket Liner.