Brony’s Orange Muffins
Mmmm home baking! Here is a delicious recipe that is easy to make and tasty too. Brony’s Orange Muffins are a firm family favourite at her house with a nice cup of tea or as a snack for the kids.
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oil or melted butter
- ½ cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Sift the flour, ½ cup sugar, salt, and baking powder into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the eggs, oil or melted butter, milk, and grated orange rind.
- Make a well (hole) in the dry ingredients and add wet ingredients.
- Mix to combine (don’t over mix) and put the mixture into a greased patty or muffin tin.
- Make the topping mixture by combining the 1/3 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon orange juice and 1 teaspoon grated orange rind.
- Gently brush the top of each of the muffins with melted butter and spoon on the topping mixture.
- Place in oven and cook for 15-20 minutes. You will know they are cooked when you insert a toothpick or skewer into the muffin, and it comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy.